1992, privately held
50% in USA, 50% International
50% from licenses, 50% from services
10’s of thousands world-wide
All continents except Antarctica
Oil and Gas
Pulp and Paper
Water and Gas Demand
Steel and Metals
Aerospace / Military
In 1979, at 3 AM in a 3M manufacturing plant, our founder Carl Cook was standing in front of a control panel of a manufacturing line 3 stories tall and a city block long. The line was down for making reject product. As Carl sipped ill-tasting vending machine coffee in a paper poker cup, he looked over a 3-ring binder “expert system” that told him that if he had Problem A, turn Knob #1 up and if he had Problem B, turn Knob #1 down. The problem was he had Problems A and B, which suggested turning Knob #1 both up and down; not doing anything. He thought to himself, “There must be a way to incorporate these 100’s of settings on the control panel, factoring in materials being used, into a model and then query the model to suggest which settings should be adjusted, given the current materials, to achieve on-target quality.”
At that moment, the seed of our company was planted.
- 1986: Applied NeuroGenetic Computing formed.
- 1990: World’s first Genetic Algorithm product for Microsoft Windows Introduced; “GAWindows”
- 1992: Incorporated in Minnesota as BioComp Systems, Inc.
- 1994: Offices moved to Redmond, Washington, near Microsoft campus
- 1995: First Desktop license sold: NeuroGenetic Optimizer, a universal mathematical modeling tool
- 1996: Hires first full time employee
- 1997: World’s first high volume “neural server” created. Used by Disney, banks, Standard & Poor’s…
- 1999: Intellect 1.0 created, proves successful optimizing smart weapons manufacturing
- 2000: Intellect 2.0 created, licenses deployed world wide in manufacturing, oil and gas, foods, …
- 2007: Intellect 3.0 created, maintains solutions autonomously
- 2013: Intellect 4.0 development begins
- 2018: Expansion to Portland, Oregon
We have software licensed to customers in the following countries, across all business sectors:
Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China , Colombia, Cyprus, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, U.K., U.S.A., Ukraine, Uruguay And Venezuela.